Truc Lam monsetary - Da Lat
Prenn waterfall - Da Lat
Domaine De Marie church - Da Lat
Xuan Huong lake - Da Lat
Da Lat specialties
Dalat is the capital of Lam Dong province in Viet Nam. The city is located 1,500 m above sea level on the Langbiang Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highland in Vietnam. Da Lat’s year-round temperate weather, standing in contrast to central & southern Vietnam’s otherwise tropical climate. The average temperature is 18°C - 25°C. The highest temperature ever in Da Lat was 27°C, and the lowest was 6.5°C
Dalat is the city with a lot of names: City of thousand flowers, City of thousands of pine trees, City of eternal spring, Little Paris, City of love, City of poetry, Green city…every names are associated with every features of Dalat city: cool, poetic, quite, close to nature and it is a destination of the couple of love.
There are some attractive places that you should visit when you travel in Dalat:
- It is also famous for its many waterfalls and lakes, one of which is Ho Xuan Huong (Xuan Huong lake), center of town. Xuan Huong lake is shaped like the crescent moon, you could tent a boat to go around. Visitors to Da Lat and the town's people use the lake as a place to meet and talk. The lake is also where many honeymooners come to visit.
- Da Lat market filled with local specialties: strawberry jam, fruits conserves, avocado, artichoke. One of Da Lat charm is the laid-back way of living of the local people. On any given day, from early morning to late at night, Da Lat's Central market is bustling with activities. Unlike most market in Vietnam, Da Lat's market has an open promenade where people can walk about.
- Thien Vien Truc Lam Monastery, at the top of where the cable car drops you off .The monastery has a magnificent view over the dams below and its gardens are full of landscaped shrubs in animal form. Extremely peaceful - a great place to relax and soak in the tranquility.
- Lang Biang mountain. The 1,900m peak is reachable by a steep paved path, ideal for a 3 hours hike, or you can ride in a jeep.
- Thung Lung Tinh Yeu aka Valley of Love. About 5km outside of town, the Valley of Love is common stop on Dalat tours and is very popular with honeymooners.
- Lake of Sorrow is located approximately 5 km northeast of the city. The Lake of Sorrow is so-named because of a tale of two lovers, one who committed suicide after the other was called up to serve in the army.
- Tuyen Lam Lake, 5km south of town on highway 20. Its clean green waters flow from the beautiful Tia Spring and from the Da Tam River, which flows down from Voi mountain. Its waters stretch over an immense 350 hectares and because of its various sources, Tuyen Lam is known as the lake where rivers, springs and forests meet. The lake was built in the 80s. It is one of the largest and most beautiful lakes in town. The other side of the lake is the Voi mountain which is a good place for hiking.
- Prenn fall is located at the foot of Prenn pass and is about 10 km from Da Lat. Around the fall area was once a thriving wild life refuge. Visitors to the fall can visit the various habitat of the animals in this region. Prenn Falls is quite beautiful but is a lot more fun when you're hiking it than just taking pictures of it.
- Most visitors to Dalat are Vietnamese, and most of them leave loaded with stuff. What they like to take home is dried and candied fruits, strawberry preserves, coffee, green and artichoke tea, local wine, dried venison, orchids, strawberries, avocados, and other fresh produce. If you take any sort of organized tour, chances are you will be off-loaded for a half hour at a shop selling these items
Dalat does not offer lot of high-end handicrafts of the sort favored by overseas tourists. Dalat is famous, however, for its beautifully crafted silk embroidered pictures, which can be purchased at a massive mark up from the many galleries around Dalat or at a fraction of the price from the central Dalat market. Dalat also has an abundance of fruit, vegetables and flowers available for purchase if you plan to stay for a few days and want to cook your own meals.
Need Travelo Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+1-800-605-3168
Why Book with us?
With more than 2,000 hotels in Vietnam are waiting for you.
Low Rates & Savings
Competition price and travel deals to save your money.
With more than 1,000 employees across the globe.